I will write 39 essays in 2012 and 2013, exploring my worldview, sharing my wisdom and trying to figure out the universe. I want to understand the world a little better, and I hope that publishing serious, thoughtful and worthwhile pieces to document my thinking can only improve that understanding.
Current Essay: Feminism vis a vis daughters
In case it’s not obvious from the headshot at the bottom of the page, I am a straight, white, college-educated, middle-class, American, Christian guy in my late thirties.
Given that, what in the world am I least qualified to write about?
But I actually have a stake in this now. My daughters are four and six, and the world we’re building now is the world they’ll have to live in. I want to make sure it’s a good one.
All The Essays
- Introduction and Throat Clearing - January 6, 2012
- Going Green is Not That Frickin’ Hard - January 13, 2012
- Don’t Betray Yourself - January 27, 2012
- The Joy of an Induction Stove - February 3, 2012
- The Whiskey Flows Like the Crystal Streams they Say Flow in Heaven - March 2, 2012
- Don’t Resent the Current Moment - March 23, 2012
- Feminism vis a vis daughters - May 10, 2012
- Coming soon (along with numbers 9-39…)
I hope that you enjoy the ride.